Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Walking with Attitude - Never Say Die!!

I had a very wonderful weekend at the YouthNet 288 retreat. Made some new friends and caught up with many old ones as well.

The Lord has bless me with a very refreshing trip and a truly enjoyable one ....serving God and learning from God.

We had an award presentation in my group with some of us winning the "Yoda" award, the "Happy Man" award, and the "Brightest Star" Award !!

As I interacted together with my group mates, "Iron Sharpened Iron", I could sense the passion of seeking the Lord in my fellow group members and also through their sharing know the hunger and faith in drawing nearer to God. This inspired me to develop a closer relationship in the Lord and to be someone who takes on God's word seriously.

Prayers Answered

1) I went to this retreat seeking for a direction in my life in the area of my work. The Lord spoke to me through a fellow brother who prayed for me during the first session. The Lord affirmed His will for me as he described with accuracy the situation I was in and also assured me of His mighty hand My question was settled since then.

2) The Lord also showed me with certainty one area of blessings and moulding he would like to do in my life and was a confirmation to the prayer I said earlier this year. He confirmed it in the things I did during this retreat and also spoken to me directly and through His word teaching me deeper truths and applications in life.

Lesson Learnt

On the second night, we took the passover meal, the way the Messainic Jews does and after that meal, we did a "Cross-over" over a platform in the swimming pool onto the other side. This Cross-over signifies the leaving of Eygpt, (the worldly pursuits of life) and into God's promises and new life.

As I was preparing my heart to do the crossing, I told the Lord in faith that I would pursue a life of higher calling, walking in His ways and delighting in His word. To have a made up mind once again to pursue His ways and things that delights His heart.

I was unsure if I could manage it but sense faith rising up from within me as I prayed. As I crossed over to the other side, I knew that I was walking over to a new way of life, brighter and more blessed than ever before. It was something that was answered as I walked on.

Application

Well.. there are still struggles and problems to face after this retreat when I go back, but there in my heart lies a deeper anchor that says... Don't give up... Carry on walking in victory... Just don't give up...

Brothers and Sisters... it is true for everyone of us. The victory is already won for us on the cross and is for us as long as we dont give up walking and drawing nearer to God. We may stumble and fall at times,but don't give up, just stand right up and walk again. Have a Never-Say-Die Attitude!!

James 1:3-4 " For you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finished its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything."

ThanksGiving

Thank God for the lessons in life that only seeks to challenge our faith in Him and to know that this faith in Him is not meant to be shaken.

Praise the Lord!!

No comments: