Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday 26 April 2008

Today , i went to Tekka Mall to pay up for my membership with SHRI. Not sure if i heard the instruction wrongly from the lady when i called them up, I stopped at Farrer Park Station instead of Little India and had to walk almost 10 mins under the afternoon sun.

After paying up, i took a walk around Little India. One thing I like about that place is that it does not look like Singapore. It is like a little town on its own, living in its own time and era. And one thing I really like about our Indian friends is that they really dont mind the sun like us Singaporeans do, we avoid it. They are walking freely and cheerfully under it from point A to B, doesnt seem to mind the heat at all. I joined them as well, not stopping for a minute to take cover but appreciating its warmth and touch from millions of miles above.

After walking for 2 hours, I took a bus home.

I decided that from now on, I will try to make most parts of my Saturday a day of rest. To cease working and to worship God. To observe a time of thanksgiving and contemplation on the greatness of God. To allow my body to rest, I will read, sing, sleep, worship, take a slow walk... no work for one day or at least for most parts of it as far unless something urgent crops up.

The bible says in Exodus 31: 17 "... for six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day, he abstained from work and rested." See here that the Lord chose to, even though He doesnt have to, He chose to stop all work and rest.

So there is something to be learnt here and only through practice and fully immerse can one appreciate the beautiful of that rest.

Let's enjoy the rest that God has given and set the example for us. What a mighty God He is and what wisdom will unfold as we follow His ways and patterns.


No comments: