Sunday, April 27, 2008

GKidz and Family Dinner

Today I had a great time with my kids. I conducted a structural experience with them to teach them the importance of listening to God's voice for guidance in our life daily.

The verse was taken from John 10:1-6 where Jesus says that the good shepherd enters the sheep pen by the main gate. The sheep hears His voice and follow Him. They will not follow a stranger's voice because he may be a thief or a robber.

I taught the kids that they need to stick to good company and not mix around with the wrong ones. Also the importance of listening to God through the word, prayer, worship. So i had this structural experience where I pair them up, blind-folded one of them and had the other one bring him to out of the room to the toilet. Along the way this kid is to listen very carefully to the voice of the other kid leading him until he is brought safely to the destination.

I debriefed with them after all of them gone through it and found that they love it!! They learnt the lesson very well and they were so excited!!

I was very pleased with them and God's grace in teaching them this.

Praise the Lord!!


************Mood Change************


Earlier, one older kid actually threw a piece of butter on one of my kid's head. When I knew about this, I was like "What!! Where is the kid that did that? Show me!!". When i went over, a piece of 2cm by 3cm pience of butter was on one of my kid's head. I was somewhat surprised that such a thing could happen when there are other leaders around.

I was totally furious!! I controlled myself so as not to unleash a series of tidal wave harshly at that kid. I will save the details of my confrontation and the subsequent debrief with both groups.

I thank God i have a beautiful girlfriend who can guide me with her experience. Need that my dear.

***********************Mood Change**********************

I had a wonderful dinner with my family today. We went to Joo Chiat and ate at this chinese restaurant. Food was great! Paid only $50 for just 3 of us. But the wait was long... waited 1 hour for the food to arrive, so hungry I ate 2 bowls of rice.

It has been a long time since we had such quality time together. Anywhere in the world I go... family is still the ones I feel close to and I know they wull accept me for who i am.

Thank you Lord for my family!! I am proud of them and i love them deeply!


No comments: