Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday

Today has been a great day! Had quite a few laughs at work today with my colleagues. Praise the Lord! I came home at 7pm today, had dinner , read the bible and then konk off in bed. Was up just 30 mins ago to type in my blog. Well.... my dad normally brings this laptop with him wherever he goes... so i can only use it when he is back... normally after 9pm.

Well... i have completed the book of Genesis and Exodus since i started 1.5 weeks ago. Today, i have read 4 chapters of the book of Leviticus and i am amazed that i actually read it with great curiousity. I realized the kind of "inconvenience", the kind of "somberness", the "detailedness" in the way an offering has to be made to the Lord under the Mosiac law.
I cant imagine myself putting my hand on a young bull or a goat or a lamb and kill it. Then skin it, remove the internal organs, drain the blood and then having the priest Bai Sui Sui(Hokkien word for laying it out nicely) on the altar and then burn it. It will take a while for me and i try not to vomit at the stench and brutality of it. Maybe a butcher can do it but not me.

But interestingly, as i see how the Lord gave the details, i saw how the Lord must have thought about it thoroughly when he gave details on how different category of people in the Jewish community are to bring their offerings. The poorer ones can bring just doves or flour... the richer ones young bulls.... As a person who works among HR Professionals.... this kind of thought process is really for the good for the people. As a man... i would probably spend a considerable amount of time thinking about the different scenarios so as to have a fair and possible way to cater to everybody.

So in this participation of offering to the Lord, the Lord provided a temporal way of cleansing sins and fellowship with His people as a means of worship and fear of the Lord. To approach God, a sinful man must not take it lightly.

Please read my thoughts on this in "We are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" on the link "What we can learn from a Christian's Perspective"

I pray that we will not take the Lord's presence and fellowship lightly. It takes the death of the Son of God to purchase this legal right for us. It is a priviledge that we must not forget.

God Bless.

No comments: