Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Run to God Anyway!!

I used to have this thinking in my head, that when I constantly want to pursue God's and gain insight and knowledge, to have God's word as a source of comfort and strength, the Devil will accuse me and say, "U-jin, come-on! Don't pursue God's word so that you can tell others what you have learnt. Don't be such a show-off!"

Sometimes when I heard that, I am not sure if it is the devil's voice as it sounds the same as my own convictions.

I began to doubt my intentions, to question myself why am I reading God's word so much? Why Am I buying sermon cds to listen and whats the purpose of me filling myself with knowledge of the word of God?

I struggled with this accusation for some time and at times, deliberately slowed down in my pursuit for God's word. It has been my interest over the many years to read more about God's word either through books, sermons, internet, commentaries etc, so I get discouraged when I buy into this accusation thinking that I should check myself before going ahead.

But the Holy Spirit spoke to me recently and freed me of this accusation when I realised that no matter what your intentions in pursing the word of God might be, the word of God has the power to change you and I.

It is better to run to God with your problems than to run away from God with it. God's word can change you, challenge your thinking, transform your heart, heal your soul.

The bible says in John 1:14 "The Word (Logos) became flesh and made His dwelling among us." God's word tells us about who Jesus is, and transforms us so that we can be like Him.

There are thinkers who studied to word of God with the intention of refuting it, proving it wrong, to destroy the work of God in the church. People like Lee Strobel who wrote "The Case for Christ" and "The Case for Faith" started on the wrong footnote, and ending up totally saved!

CS Lewis who was once an aethiest and started out to study God's word to prove that God does not exist, became a staunch Christian writing many christian classics like "The Chronicles of Narnia", "Mere Christianity" etc.

Beloved, today don't let the devil accuse you anymore... Pursue God through His word and let it change you, challenge you and strengthen you. It has the power of God to change our lives!!

As you read more of God's word daily, the Lord will constantly remind you to obey His word, the Lord is patient and understands our weakness. Let's run to Him today!

Praise the Lord!

No comments: